Elaine has been an ardent follower and student of personality theory since she was first introduced to the Myers-Briggs taxonomy over 20 years ago. A true Jungian, she began conducting independent research and writing about typology in 2010, shortly before beginning her collaboration with A.J. Drenth and Personality Junkie®. August 2022 marked the publication of her long-awaited first book, Beyond Rare: The INFJ’s Guide to Cultivating Growth & Self-Awareness.
Elaine’s theories and insights are responsible for shaping much of the material found in Personality Junkie’s blog posts and type profiles. Along with these contributions, Elaine is skilled at helping others understand themselves and facilitating their personal growth within the context of typology. She has used this gift over the years to provide personal advice and insight to readers seeking more direct guidance.
As an INFJ, Elaine is especially passionate about depth psychology and understanding the subconscious factors that come into play with respect to psychological type. Her work has focused largely on the inferior function and its role in the individuation process.
- The “Other Side” of the INFJ
- INFJ-INFP Relationships
- What Do INFJs Want in a Relationship?
- How INJs Approach their Body & Physical Needs
- Ni-Ne Friendship & Approaches to Perception
- Extraverted & Introverted Intuition as Inferior Functions
- Learning Styles & Personality Types/Functions
- Why INFJ, INFP, INTJ & INTP Types Struggle in Modern Life (Part 2)
- Using Your Personality Type to Harness Energy
- Millennials and the Rise of an Intuitive Culture
- Coronavirus: An Opportunity for Introversion & Insight
- “Know Your Judger”: Understanding J Types
- Ne vs. Ni
- Introvert or Extravert? Jung & Myers-Briggs
- Can Personality Type Change Over Time?