- Are you seeking a clearer understanding of yourself and your identity?
- Do you want guidance and insight into your life’s purpose, relationships, or best career options?
- Would you like to deepen or clarify your understanding of your type (e.g., INFP, INFJ, INTP, INTJ)?
- Do you ever feel misunderstood or different, like a misfit or an outsider, and want to understand why?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you’re certainly in the right place. At the broadest level, our goal is to help you increase your self-knowledge, self-awareness, and self-direction through insights about your Jungian / Myers-Briggs personality type. We realize that understanding who you are is an important precursor to knowing what you should do with your life. This is why understanding your type is critical for making informed decisions about your careers, relationships, and other life choices.
What distinguishes Personality Junkie from other sites is our level of depth and insight. Not only do we describe the strengths and conscious features each type, but we also spend ample time exploring the inner tug-of-war that exists between the conscious personality (e.g., dominant function) and less conscious personality (e.g., inferior function). Without a good understanding of these inner dynamics, it will be difficult for you to fully understand yourself or reach your potential for growth and wholeness.
With that said, we realize that newcomers to the world of typology (perhaps you are one of them) may at times feel overwhelmed because of the amount of new material to be learned and processed. For this reason, we strive to make our explanations as clear and comprehensible as possible. We also offer two e-Books that can help you confidently identify your true type, better understand your type, and get acquainted with the foundational theories and ingredients (e.g., the functions and preferences) of typology:
- My True Type: Clarifying Your Personality Type, Preferences, & Functions
- The 16 Personality Types: Profiles, Theory & Type Development
You may also wish to consult our “Getting Oriented” page, which includes a series of four introductory posts on typology.
We sincerely hope you enjoy and benefit from your explorations here at Personality Junkie!
Owner & Founder of Personality Junkie